17. MUSLIMS AND GOD'S PLAN OF SALVATION
(Why Islam is not the true religion)
A prominent Evangelical Christian noted in a paper he published on Islam that "there are fundamental assumptions with which traditional Islam has operated throughout its history."
- Islam is a total way of life. It knows no separation of church and state, of sacred and secular.
- Islam condemns all polytheism and idolatry, affirming that God alone is God. (there is no Holy Trinity, Koran 5.70) (See Article 20)
- It is the culmination of all God's previous revelations (Judaism and Christianity included); it supersedes them and virtually renders them obsolete. (Koran 5:48; 10:37)
- Islam is now God's sole revelation and religion for all humanity. (Koran 3:19)
- Muhammad is God's final prophet and the Koran is God's final book. (Koran 33:40; 5:48)
- World sovereignty is the sole prerogative of Islam. (See Article 2 & Koran 10:37)
Examples of the mindset of two prominent Islamic clerics:
- Indonesian Muslim cleric Abu Bakar Bashir proclaimed to the world in 2005: "This is the doctrine of Islam. All laws must be under Islamic Law. There is no example of Islam and infidels, the right and the wrong, living together in peace. If they want to have peace, they have to accept to be governed by Islam." (See '6' above)
- Australia's leading Muslim cleric Taj el-Din al Hilaly said in a sermon in October
2006, "Those atheists, people of the Book, (Christians and Jews), where will they
end up? In hell, and not part-time, for eternity. They are the worst in God's creation."
(See '3' & '4' above)
And again, while in Iran for the International Islamic Unity Forum, he is reported as saying he is "committed to the unity of the Islamic Nation, and that the Global Islamic Nation would not 'kneel' to its enemies." And, he has "called on the Islamic World to stand in the trenches with, and united behind, the Islamic Republic of Iran which possesses the might and the power."
- And there is also the example of an agitated Muslim woman, well-schooled in Islam, who addressed her fellow travellers in a bus in her new country, as follows: "You may be the rulers of this country now, but this will change, and then things will be very different for all of you." And yet another example: A Western woman, sitting in a doctor's waiting room with a Muslim woman on a warm day, said to her, "You must be hot wearing your Islamic dress." To which the Muslim woman replied, "Don't worry. One day you'll be wearing it too!" (See '6' above)
These advocates of Islam believe 'the Muslim World' has a Divine mandate to subject the whole civilized world to Islamic rule. But, do they really have such mandate? Muhammad's link with Abraham through the line of Abraham's son Ishmael is NOT the line with which God made His 'Perpetual Covenant' with 'His Chosen People'. (See also: Articles 2,4,7,9,13,16,18 & 19)
God's Covenant was with Abraham's son Isaac. Abraham's appeal that the Covenant be established with Ishmael was firmly rejected by God when Abraham said to God, "Oh, let Ishmael live in your presence!" But God replied, "No, but your wife Sarah will bear you a son whom you are to call Isaac. With him I will establish My Covenant, a Covenant in perpetuity, to be his God and the God of his descendants after him." (Genesis 17:18.19; 22:1-18)
God put the faith of Abraham to the test, calling him to offer his son Isaac to Him as a sacrifice. Abraham passed the test, and God swore by His Own Self to, "make his descendants as the stars of heaven and the grains of sand on the seashore.......as a reward for his obedience." (Genesis 22:16-18)
So, very clearly, and irrefutably, the plan of God, and what it would be, would unfold through the line of Isaac. Others, (including the Muslims) might claim what they will, but God's plan is with Isaac and his descendants. This, is the Word of the Lord! (All of these truths are from the Ancient Scriptures which the Koran claims to "confirm" and "corroborate". See Koran 2:85-98; 5:48; 10:37)
God's plan had its beginning in Scripture when He said to the Devil that he would be overcome by a woman and her offspring. (Mary, the Messiah, and all who would come to believe in Him.)
- 'The Lord God said to the serpent (Satan): "Because you have done this...I will put enmity between you and the woman, (Mary) and your seed (evil spirits) and her seed: she shall crush your head and you shall bruise her heel." ' (Genesis 3:15)
- Isaiah, 740BC, said, "Behold a virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and his name shall be called Emmanuel." (Isaiah 7:14) 'Emmanuel' means 'God with us'. (Matthew 1:32)
- "...he shall be called, ...God the Mighty, Father of the world to come,..."(Isaiah 9:6)
- "God Himself will come and save you." (Isaiah 35:4)
- "The Lord shall go forth as a mighty man,..." (Isaiah 42:13 - Douay Bible)
- This is God's Messiah, the Christos - 'the Anointed One', not recognised by the Jews.
- "But when the fullness of the time was come, God sent His Son, made of a woman, made under the law: that he might redeem them who were under the law: that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of His Son into your hearts crying: 'Abba, Father.' " (Galatians 4:4) (Note the references to the Trinity of persons: 'Father, Son and Holy Spirit.'
- "...there are three who bear testimony in heaven, the Father, the Word (Jesus) and
the Holy Spirit. And these three are one." (1 John 5:7)
(The Holy Trinity, One God)
- Jesus said, "The Father and I are one." (John 10:30) "I am in the Father, and the Father is in me." (John 10:38) "He that sees Me, sees the Father also." (John 14:9) "From henceforth,...you have seen Him." (John 14:7 & Article 20)
This is God's Messiah, the Christos -'the Anointed One', recognised by Christians worldwide. Jesus, the Christ, God Incarnate, who alone has fulfilled all of the Messianic prophecies. (Matthew 5:17; Luke 24:44-49)
The Muslim claim of a common heritage with both Jews and Christians is correct, as all three religions derive from the lines of Abraham. (approx. 2,000BC) It was Abraham to whom God gave His Promise and established His Perpetual Covenant of Salvation. (Genesis 12:1-3; 15:1-7; 17:1-27) The Jews and Christians are of the line of Abraham and his wife Sarah and their son Isaac who was to be the child of God's Covenant . (Genesis 17:21) To Isaac's son Jacob God gave the name of 'Israel', (Genesis 35:10-12) who was father to Judah whose tribe became known as the Jews, God's Messianic people by whom the Messiah would make His entry into the world. As the Messiah Himself said: "Salvation is of the Jews."(John 4:22) Muhammad and Muslims, however, are of the line of Abraham and his first child Ishmael whom he fathered with his wife's servant-girl, Hagar. To repeat, this is NOT God's Covenant line. (Genesis 16:1-16; 17:15-21) (Also see Articles 3, 8, 9, 13, 16, 18, 23.2, 24.) Muhammad, (570 AD) came on the scene approximately 2600 years after God had made His Perpetual Covenant with Abraham and Isaac. Muhammad, with his angel in the Koran, claims his religion of Islam supplants God's Perpetual Covenant (Koran 3:19) and has Sovereignty over all the world. Together they say in the Koran, 2:136, "We believe in God and that which has been revealed to us; in what was revealed to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and the tribes; to Moses and Jesus and the other prophets by their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we submit." (Koran 3:84)
But the distinctions are many; such as when Muhammad and his angel say, "the son of Mary was no more than an apostle..." (Koran 5:75) And 'Unbelievers' are they who say, "God is the Messiah, the son of Mary."'(Koran 5:70) And who say, "God is one of three." (Koran 5:74) "Those who disbelieve and deny OUR revelations shall become the inmates of hell." (Koran 5:86; 4:114)
And so today, the whole world is witness to the Muslims believing they have supplanted the Jews as God's chosen people; Koranic Islamic people who are not of the line of God's Perpetual Covenant children of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (Genesis 17:19,21; Isaiah 9:6,7) but who are of the line of Ishmael , a man described in the Scriptures as "a wild man: whose hand shall be against all men, and with all men's hands against him." (Genesis 16:11,12) And in this same spirit, Muslims today, and through all the ages to come, are instructed to "take neither the Jews nor the Christians for your friends." (Koran 5:51)
Today, sadly, militant fundamentalist Muslims throughout the world, by their merciless acts of terrorism, and avowed intention of bringing the whole world to its knees under its Sharia Law, show themselves to be, at their most fundamental level, truly the children of Ishmael, "setting themselves against all men." They fail to recognise that God is fulfilling His promise to Abraham through His Messiah , and still now through the Messiah's Church , ' until the end of time '......together with all others, 'not of this fold', who have truly come to believe in Him. (See Mark 9:37-39; Luke 9:49,50; John 10:16.) It is their 'faith' in the Messiah which makes those who come to believe in Him, to be the true children of Abraham, 'the man of faith'. (See Article 8; Article 23; Article 24)